Presented by Michael Loomer and Carly Herman
Coquitlam, BC – On May 26, 2019 at The Tennis Centre – Coquitlam, the Tennis Professionals Association (TPA) is proud to present a TPA Workshop that will focus on the Quality Standards for Kids Program and on Supporting Positive Behaviours. The Workshop will be run by Michail Loomer and Carly Herman.
Michael Loomer will present the Components of Quality Standards for Kids Programs. Participants will gain an understanding of how to make programming fun and ensure retention by:
- Having a caring instructor
- Ensuring social interaction among participants
- Ensuring optimal challenge for students
- Keeping participants active
- Showing how improvements to play can be achieved during sessions
- Attendees should expect to participate throughout the presentation
Participants will also gain an understanding of how to rate the programming to ensure these qualities are present.
Carly Herman’s presentation will focus on Supporting Positive Behaviours. Participants will gain an understanding of the key aspects on how to intervene when managing groups of players, including:
- Positive relationships
- Understanding individual student behavior
- Positive reinforcement