Is Your Coach Fully Certified?
If he/she is, then his/her name will be posted on the list of certified coaches that appears on Tennis Canada’s website. Click here to view an updated list of Coaches in BC. If your coach’s name is not listed there, then the person either does not have current certification and/or is not a current member of the TPA.
In order for a coach to maintain his/her fully certified status, he/she is required to attend a professional development activity every two, three, or four years depending on his/her level of certification. This important feature ensures your coach is up to date with regard to teaching methodology.
For more information on becoming a certified coach click on the following links:
Sterling Talent Solutions Global Background Screening Partner
Provide hiring peace of mind with Sterling Talent Solutions Background screening solutions.
For more information and to start a check, please click here.
Current Job Openings
Please note that for any positions at Tennis BC, we require international applicants to have a Canadian work permit. We do not issue letters of invitation. Positions outside of Tennis BC: employer’s discretion.
The Tennis BC Hub @ Richmond is looking to hire 2 Certified Tennis professionals.
The Tennis Professionals will report to the Head Tennis professional and would be available to run adult and junior group lessons and teach private lessons starting from January 2nd either on mornings/afternoon (9 am – 3 pm) or late afternoon/evenings (4 pm – 10 pm).
• Current TPA Club Pro 1 certification minimum.
• Experience working with kids (5-16 years old)
• Solid experience teaching group lessons for adults. (1.0 to 4.0)
• Up to date Vulnerable Sector Police Background/Criminal Check
• Friendly, caring, outgoing, punctual, reliable, willingness to improve, and energetic.
Roles are scheduled to begin on January 2nd.
Compensation based on certification/experience.
Interested candidates should email resumes to email@example.com
We thank you for your interest, only those who are being considered will be contacted.
UBC Tennis Centre is hiring a Club Professional
UBC Tennis Centre is hiring a Tennis Instructor.
The Tennis Professional will be responsible for teaching group and private lessons for the Junior and Adult tennis programs at the North Shore Winter Club starting Tuesday, September 6, 2022. This full time role includes teaching recreational and high performance juniors, and lessons for advanced, intermediate, and beginner adults including evenings and weekends.
This individual should be outgoing, reliable, and knowledgeable in all aspects of our sport, and 100% committed to providing a fun and competitive playing environment for all our junior and adult players at the North Shore Winter Club.
- Must have Tennis Canada Coach 1 certification
- Demonstrate good communication skills. Be direct in dealing with parents and club members
- Design lessons/activities for the duration of the session that address the skill level of the students
- Help organize and structure the junior high performance program including setting up lesson plans, organizing team building events, and tournament trips in and out of town.
- Must have the ability to be upbeat and energetic throughout each lesson.
- Provide a friendly approach and be knowledgeable about both the Junior Tennis Program and the Adult Tennis Program and help provide a welcoming environment to each student.
- Adhere to all club/court rules and regulations. Be a good example.
- Collect, manage, and return all club equipment in good working condition.
- Ensure that the students are engaged in the lessons/activities at all times and that each student feels successful at every session.
- Share your passion for the game of tennis. Make your students smile!
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon with the Tennis Director.
The West Vancouver Tennis Club is looking for a certified coach. We have a full-time and a part-time position available.
Please send your CV to Karin Menke, Director of Tennis at firstname.lastname@example.org for full details and to discuss the position.
The Arbutus Club has been one of Vancouver’s landmarks since 1964. Our vast range of facilities and programs, coupled with unparalleled service, have earned us a reputation as one of Canada’s finest premier Private Clubs. Our motto is ‘Putting Families First’ and we value a happy and safe work environment.
This position is for a coach who wants to develop a successful career as a Tennis Professional. This position is in the Recreation Services Department and will be reporting to the Tennis Director. The hours will vary according to the operational needs of the Club.
RCC is looking to hire a full-time tennis professional who will fit well within our team environment and is also experienced teaching adult and junior players.
The Salmon Arm Tennis Club (SATC) is pleased to announce an exciting career opportunity for the position of Director of Tennis and Marketing.
SUMMER SMASH TENNIS
We are looking to hire an experienced and enthusiastic tennis instructor to join and help lead our coaching staff.
The role of the instructor will be to deliver lessons during the spring, summer, fall, and winter seasons, including group classes, camps, and private lessons.
Employment Type: Full-time and part-time positions available
Jericho Tennis Club is looking for seasoned Tennis Professionals with experience in coaching junior and adult players.
The District of Saanich is seeking Tennis Instructors to assist with the delivery of tennis programs including summer/fall camps at Cedar Hill Recreation Centre.
Posting Starts: 11/1/22 Postings Ends: 4/5/2023
City: Vancouver Province: BC
Contact Name: Greg Macken Email: email@example.com
TDC Centre: 0 Company Name: UBC Tennis Centre
Website: Job Type: Full-Time
The University of British Columbia is looking to hire a Progressive Tennis Coordinator to add to our team of full-time coaches. The UBC Tennis Centre is one of the premier indoor tennis facilities in Vancouver with 1 outdoor and 12 indoor courts. Here at UBC, we strive to create a culture that promotes teamwork, inclusivity and excellence while aiming to achieve our full potential.
The Progressive Tennis Coordinator will have the opportunity to build their career and play a key role in our mission to become leaders in the tennis community by overseeing and implementing our junior progressive tennis programs. With quality instruction and customer service, they will also play a critical role in ensuring a great tennis experience for everyone who walks through our doors.
If you are a driven individual that believes in higher standards and does not accept the status quo this is the place for you. We’re looking for someone who will make a positive impact on our team and who thrives on the development of people and tennis players at all levels.
The Progressive Tennis Coordinator must have specific experience in the areas of junior development, program administration, and event management. This Coach will be directly responsible for overseeing and coordinating all junior fundamental programs, shaping the mission and vision of our junior fundamental pathway, and organizing events for over 200 progressive tennis players. They will work closely with the leadership team to deliver successful programs and initiatives on and off the court to grow Tennis within the Centre, University and Community.
Reporting directly to the Tennis Director and Head Coach, the Progressive Tennis Coordinator, in cooperation with the leadership team and coaching staff, will also be responsible for implementing the Tennis Centre’s junior program curriculum while leading a team of coaches to employ this curriculum on the court. This position may also include training coaches, running adult and junior competitions, assisting, organizing, and attending social events, assisting with program registration, and promoting the game of tennis at the Centre.
The Progressive Tennis Coordinator will be expected to have excellent organizational & interpersonal skills. This position requires flexible work hours, including evenings and weekends, according to program or event needs.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Design and implement fundamental program mission, goals, and curriculum in collaboration with the leadership team
- Teaching private lessons, camps, junior and adult group clinics as required.
- Assist or lead the delivery of adult and junior leagues and programs.
- Perform all administrative duties required for areas of responsibility.
- Participate in junior and adult social events as required.
- Attend team meetings and assist with program development.
- Monitor and assist with the safety of our players/participants.
- Provide and maintain superior customer service to clients in the overall delivery of the tennis program.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with staff, clients, and guests as well as external organizations and partners (i.e., Tennis Canada, Tennis BC, Schools and other facilities);
- Assist in the creation of competitive opportunities (i.e., leagues, ladders, and events) to inspire participation.
- Assist in the evaluation of junior and adult tennis programming on an annual basis. Make recommendations to the Tennis Director to improve service or programming.
- Minimum Tennis Canada certified Club Pro 2 or International Equivalent.
- Minimum 3 -5 years of experience in the Tennis Industry
- Strong understanding of Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills.
- Criminal Record Check required
- Willing to obtain, or currently has First Aid Certification
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Enthusiastic, responsible, motivated
Only applicants with the necessary minimum Tennis Canada certification or equivalency will be contacted regarding the position.
Any interested applicants must send a resume, cover letter and a list of 2-3 references to Greg Macken at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any inquiries can be directed to the same email.