Notice of 2023 Annual General Meeting
Virtual Webinar via Zoom
Invitations to register will be sent at a later date
Saturday September 30, 2023
11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
2023 Annual General Meeting
Table of Contents
- Notice of Annual General Meeting
- AGM Proposed Agenda
- Nomination Report (attached)
- Auditor’s Report on 2022/23 Financial Statements
- Proxy Form
NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Attention: President/General Manager
In accordance with the by-laws of Tennis – British Columbia, please accept this document as a formal notice to the membership that the next Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the society shall take place as follows:
Date: Saturday, September 30, 2023
Time: 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: Virtual webinar using Zoom, by invitation only
A finalized agenda for the order of business to be conducted at the Annual General Meeting will be made available in mid-September and posted at www.tennisbc.org Tennis BC’s website. The audited financial statements for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2023, will be presented at the meeting in addition to a number of member-related reports.
Please take the time to review the enclosed information carefully and plan on attending or have your organization represented by one of your executives. We value your membership with our organization and appreciate your comments and ideas. If you have any presentation ideas or topics, please contact us so that they can be added to the agenda topics to be discussed at the end of the business meeting.
Please RSVP to Serena Ly at email@example.com by September 8, 2023.
President, Tennis BC
2023 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
September 30, 2023 -11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
10:50 am Registered attendees may sign in with their provided link
11:00am Annual General Meeting
- Welcome and Introductions
- President’s Remarks
- Registration and Proxies
- Notice of Meeting
- Scrutineer’s Report
- Minutes of Last Meeting
- President’s Report
- Executive Director’s Report
- Membership Report
- Treasurer’s Report and Appointment of Auditors
- Nominating Committee Report
- Election of Directors
- New/Other Business
To: Tennis – British Columbia Voting Members
From: Tennis – British Columbia Nominating Committee
Subject: Nominations for the Tennis BC Board of Directors at the 2023 Annual General Meeting
The following will describe the Board’s responsibilities, director’s term, nomination process and the biographies of the three nominees the committee is recommending to the membership. Tennis BC is fortunate to be rich with talented, committed and passionate people to develop and govern the sport. The nominations committee worked hard to engage our members in the nomination process, and we were rewarded with seven expressions of interest from very qualified individuals. We thank all of those who expressed interest in the board.
The affairs of the Society shall be managed by a Board of Directors, which shall be composed of the nine Directors elected at the annual general meeting and, ex officio, the immediate Past President, if not currently a director.
At the first meeting of the Board following the enactment of these by-Laws, the members of the board shall choose from amongst themselves five officers and four directors-at-large. At each subsequent meeting of the board immediately following the annual general meeting, the members of the board shall choose from amongst themselves as many officers and directors-at-large as is necessary to maintain the numbers at the five and four, respectively.
At the general meeting approving the enactment of this By-Law, three Directors shall be elected for a term of three years.
There shall be a nominating committee consisting of those Directors whose term does not expire at the upcoming annual general meeting and the immediate Past President who shall be Chair. The nominating committee shall, 60 days prior to the annual general meeting, nominate persons to stand for election to the Board at the next annual general meeting. By notice to the Society given 45 days prior to the annual general meeting, any Voting Member may nominate candidates for the positions of Director.
A list of the nominations together with a statement of the present occupation and employment of each nominee and the offices or positions held by that nominee in tennis organizations during the preceding five years, shall accompany the notice calling the annual general meeting. The three-year terms are as a result of the normal rotation of terms for Directors as set out in Tennis BC’s by- laws.
The undersigned, representing a Full/Facility Club Member of Tennis British Columbia, hereby assign our vote to Denise Wong, President of Tennis BC or to ___________________________________, a member of an organization which maintains Full Voting membership with Tennis British Columbia, as Proxy Holder to vote on our behalf on all matters pertaining to the Annual General Meeting of Tennis BC to be held on the 30th day of September, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. by way of a virtual Zoom Webinar.
(see regulations below).
Signed this ___________day of _______________, 2023
Club Name: ____________________________________
Name of President Signing for Club
Signature of President Signing for Club
- Only those members who have paid 2023 Full Voting membership fees in full shall be entitled to vote at the Annual General Meeting.
- A member must be in good standing at the time of the Annual General Meeting to be eligible to vote.
- A member who is entitled to vote at an Annual General Meeting has the right to vote in person or by proxy in accordance with By Law lll.B.5.
- It is the responsibility of the Member wishing to assign their proxy (the “Appointer”) to find a member of an organization which maintains membership with Tennis British Columbia, to vote on their behalf at the meeting (the “Proxy Holder”).
- Proxies will only be accepted if the Proxy form is completed in full, with the date, name of the Proxy Holder and the name, position and signature of the Appointer.
- Members are encouraged to pre-register proxies by submitting the completed proxy to Tennis British Columbia Reception at 10251 ST EDWARDS DRIVE, RICHMOND, BC, V6X 2M9 by mail, fax at 604-737-3124 or email (pdf document) to firstname.lastname@example.org any day in advance of the Annual General Meeting up to Monday September 25, 2023 at 3:00 p.m.
- All proxies must be registered prior to the commencement of the Annual General Meeting, 11:00 a.m. September 25, 2023, to be exercised.