Below is the latest update from the ITF related to upcoming changes to the professional tours.
- Why are further changes being made to professional tennis in August 2019?The ATP, WTA and ITF recognise the need to create additional professional playing opportunities and improve the flow of players on a more clearly-defined pathway into the professional level of events for both men’s and women’s circuits.
- What are the main changes?
Tournaments beginning 5 August
- ATP ranking points awarded in $15,000 and $25,000 Main Draws;
- WTA ranking points awarded in $15,000 Main Draws; and
- ITF ranking points awarded in $15,000 and $25,000 Qualifying.Tournaments beginning 26 August
- ITF Women’s $25,000 Singles Main Draw – no WTA ranking point in R32;
- 48 Qualifying Draws (48Q), subject to court availability, at $15,000 and $25,000 events;
- 8-day tournaments permitted (mandatory at events with 48Q);
- Three (3) Junior Reserved places at $15,000 tournaments; no reserved places at any otherlevel; and
- Doubles acceptance simplified and consistent for all ITF events (no requirement to havebeen accepted into the Singles competition at $15,000 tournaments).