2019 U9/U10 Future Stars Circuit
The aim of the Future Stars Tour is to create a competitive opportunity for the more advanced U9/U10 junior tennis player with encouraging participation. The Future Stars Tour is for:
- More experienced players who have competed in at least three to five 8 and Under/U10 Rogers Rookie Tour Events.
- Competitors who are looking to enhance their competitive experience and meet the Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) competitive criteria.
2019 age group:
U10 – born in 2009, 2010, 2011
U9 – born in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Check out the video through the following link for the messages from Bianca Vanessa Andreescu and Felix Auger-Aliassime, the #1 Junior players in Canada.
Check back for the message from Denis Shapovalov!
U9 – orange ball competition
- For youth who are born 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- 3/4 court will be used
- Racquet: 23” (depending on child’s size)
- Boys and girls combined draw
U10 – green ball competition
- For youth who are born 2009, 2010, 2011
- Regular full court will be used
- Racquet: 23-25” (depending on child’s size)
- Boys and Girls on separate draw
For a complete list of Future Stars Tournaments, please click here.
Please read Tournament Regulations on Tournament website before entering.
|Registration Opens||28 days prior to tournament date|
|Registration Closes||7 days prior to tournament date|
|Acceptance Posted||2 days after the entry is closed|
|Draws and schedule to be posted online||Tuesday of the tournament week – Players are responsible to check their own match time|
Basing on First come, First Served.
NEW to 2019. Priority will be given to players who play their first Future Stars tournament.
Compass or Round Robin draw format will be used to provide a minimum of 3 match opportunities to each player
Click HERE for Future Stars match format.
Rules and Regulations:
Late Withdrawal and Failure to Complete Required Tournament Events (LW/FC) penalties will be enforced.
Once a player receives a total of 3 LW/FC Points within a 12 month period, he/she will be suspended for ONE month without being able to compete in any Canadian event (Provincial (all levels of tournaments including Future Stars and Team Tennis), National, ITF domestic) within that period. The period begins the day following the completion of the tournament in which the third LW/FC Point was assessed.
*Reminder: It is violation of code of conduct to enter two tournaments in the same time period without prior permission of both Tournament Referees.
At Tennis BC our goal is to ensure that tennis parents and coaches are educated on how to support their child and others during tournament play. Please find some helpful pointers listed below:
- Review all pertinent details from the tournament website (start time, location, draw) 2 to 3 days prior to the events.
- No coaching is allowed. Do not communicate, visually or verbally while your child is playing a match. Your child could receive penalties because of this.
- No outside officiating is allowed. This includes line calls and scoring. Any score disputes on court should be referred to the on-site staff.
Parents are asked not to make any judgement of line call from where you sit. The window or the curtain, as well as the angle may give you a different vision of where the ball lands. The line judges who are sitting right at the line make error sometimes and so do the young players.
- While spectators are allowed on court in some clubs, all movement should be minimized in order not to disrupt the match. Should movement be necessary, we ask parents to do it after a point is finished and do it quickly – never between first and second serve.
Click HERE for Parents/Players checklist.
Future Stars Sportsmanship Awards
- Play fair
- Follow the rules of the game
- Respect the judgement of referees/officials/tournament staff
- Treat opponents with respect
- Accept both victory and defeat with pride and compassion; never be boastful or bitter.
- Display appreciation for good performance
- Exercise self-control and reflect positivity upon yourself
For details of nomination and awards, click HERE
Future Stars Year End Awards 2018
(Info of 2019 Prizes and Awards will be posted when it is confirmed.)
Prizes will be awarded to the top 5 players on the Leader Board in each category (BU10, GU10, BU9 and GU9) at the completion of the Circuit in December. Here is the 2018 prize table.
|SportChek Gift card||$75.00||$50.00||$50.00||$25.00||$25.00||$50.00|
|Cineplex Gift card||$75.00||$75.00||$50.00||$50.00||$25.00||$25.00|
Future Stars Year End Party and Tennis BC U9 & U10 Team Tennis presented by Coromandel Lohas
2018 Future Stars Year End Party has been held on Saturday, December 15, 2018 in North Vancouver Tennis Centre. Congratulations to the prize recipients!
Thank you all Future Stars players who came out for the party as well as participated in the team event.
Results of Team Tennis click HERE
For photos of 2018 Future Stars Year End Party, please follow the links below:
2019 Leader Board – Revamp – will be posted when details are finalized
To create a healthy and positive competitive environment, the Points race (Leader Board) is designed to reward participation as opposed to winning. Please find more details on the points race below.
- Participation points – Players participating in the 2018 Future Stars Tour event will receive 200 points per tournament played towards their year-end total.
- Tournament points – 100 points to one set win. 50 points to players at the tie of the games in a set.
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding the Future Stars Tour, please email Anissa Chung at email@example.com
Leader Board – Updated on December 12 (Final standing)
Share with us your comments and suggestions for Future Stars tournaments and the Circuit. Don’t miss the chance to win a $100 Cineplex gift card!
Click HERE to fill out the Survey. Thank you!
(This short survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. For your valued time, you will be invited to enter a draw to win a $100 Cineplex gift card upon completion of the survey.)
Fill out the Survey by December 13, 2018. The draw will be made on December 14, 2018
The gift card will be presented to the winner of the draw in the Future Stars Year End Party in North Vancouver Tennis Centre on December 15, 2018.