2017 U9/U10 Future Stars Tour
The aim of the Future Stars Tour is to create a competitive opportunity for the more advanced U9/U10 junior tennis player with encouraging participation. The Future Stars Tour is for:
- More experienced players who have competed in at least three to five 8 and Under/U10 Rogers Rookie Tour Events.
- Competitors who are looking to enhance their competitive experience and meet the Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) competitive criteria.
For a complete list of Future Stars Tournaments, please click here.
To create a healthy and positive competitive environment, the Points race (Leader Board) is designed to reward participation as opposed to winning. Please find more details on the points race below.
- Participation points – Players participating in the 2017 Future Stars Tour event will receive 200 points per tournament played towards their year-end total.
- Bonus participation points – a one-time bonus of 2000 points for 10 Future Stars tournaments played will be given at the end of the year. All bonus points will be awarded in December, following the completion of the circuit.
- Tournament points – 100 points to one set win. 50 points to players at the tie of the games in a set.
All matches will be best of three short sets up to 4 games with no-ad scoring. A 5-point tie-break will be played at 4-4 games. In the event of third set, a 5-point match tie-break will be played. All tie-break must be won by 2 points.
- All players competing in Future Stars tournaments must hold a Tennis BC membership
- A complete calendar can be found under Tournaments
- Click “Online entry” to register. Pay special attention to payment criteria of the hosting club. Your registration may be confirmed with your payment depending on the requirement of the host clubs.
- All Future Stars tournaments will open registration 6 weeks before tournament date. Registration must be done online.
- Review all pertinent details (start time, location, draw) 2 to 3 days prior to the events
Future Stars Parent Info
At Tennis BC our goal is to ensure that tennis parents and coaches are educated on how to support their child and others during tournament play. Please find below some helpful pointers listed below:
- Parents must visit the tournament desk to ensure payment had been made and that the child has checked in for the event
- It is the responsibility of the parents to ensure that their child is present at the correct event location and prepared for his/her match at least 15 minutes before the scheduled match time.
- There is NO COACHING ALLOWED. Do not communicate with your child, visually or verbally while your child is playing a match.
- There is NO OUTSIDE OFFICIATING ALLOWED. This includes line calls and scoring. It is the responsibility of the players to learn these skills. If there are any disputes on court, it is the responsibility of the players to call for the Tournament Organizer or Court Monitor.
- Parents are not to communicate with their kids during a match. Should they need to pass a water bottle or any other items, they must do so through the Tournament Organizer or Roving Court Monitor.
- It is encouraged that all parents cheer and clap for good efforts and good points for all kids. It is considered as extremely unsportsmanlike to cheer for doubles faults or errors.
- Clapping for players’ mistakes will not be tolerated.
If you have any other questions or concerns regarding the Future Stars Tour, please email Sarah Kadi, Director of High Performance at email@example.com
Leader Board – Update on April 12, 2017. Next update will be on June 7, 2017
For questions about Leader Board, please email Anissa Chung at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you everyone who came to the 2016 Year-end Party! For photos from the event, click here.