BC/AB U10 INTERPROVINCIAL TEAM COMPETITION
- To create competitive opportunities for players according to Tennis Canada’s Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD) model guidelines
- To create a team environment for competitive players
- To promote teamwork among athletes, teams and families
- To encourage an engaging environment for players and parents
PLAYER ELIGIBILITY and SELECTION
- Players must be born in 2008, 2009, 2010
- All players must be BC residents and Canadian Citizens, or hold permanent residence status in Canada
- Teams will be made up of 8 boys and 8 girls
- Team Selections
- 4 boys and 1 girl who are currently part of the U10 Provincial Team (Provincial team players are required to participate in a minimum of 3 Future Stars events between January and March 2018 in order to be considered as part of Team BC)
- The remainder of the team will be determined through Future Stars events.
- Up to 1 Wildcard may be granted for 1 boy and 1 girl.
- All selections will be confirmed by the Provincial Coaching Staff and Tennis BC Director of High Performance.
- The number of player per team may be reduced if required standard of performance are not met.
- 4 boxes of four (three) players play round robin singles, 3 (2) rounds per player
- 2 boxes of 4 teams play round robin doubles, 3 rounds per team
- 45 minute timed matches
- No-ad Scoring with a super tiebreaker for a 3rd set
- Doubles played with no doubles alley (singles court)
- Teams receive 1 point for each game won
- Ball used: Green dot.
Date: April 13 – 15, 2018
Location: Kamloops Tennis Centre (758 Front St., Kamloops, BC)
Entry Fee: $150 per player
TEAMS WILL BE SELECTED BY: Friday March 16, 2018