2020 Rogers Junior Indoor National Championships
2020 – National Selection Process
Multiple Age Categories
All players are eligible to play their primary age category plus up to 2 age categories up. Players will receive direct entry in the main draw event if ranked in the top 16 of the age category based off of the Tennis Canada Rogers Ranking.
Players will be eligible to qualify for more than one National Championship provided they meet the eligibility requirements for each event.
The following circumstances can influence the total number of spots allocated through the points race:
- Tennis Canada may award direct entries to BC players deemed to have met the stated performance criteria as outlined in the Tennis Canada Player Handbook.
- Merit Spot (WC) may be granted at the discretion of the BC High Performance Committee and provincial coaching staff. Only players with proven national or international profiles will be considered
Players will be selected based on the performance they achieve during the indoor selection series events (best 2 out of 3 events), plus Provincial Championships.
Tennis BC MERIT SPOTS
Players who are unable to meet the provincial qualifying process for Provincials or Nationals, may apply for a BC Merit Spot (Wild Card) 30 days prior to the start of the Davis Trading Junior Indoor Provincial Championships. Merit Spots (WC) will be awarded based on a players’ national and international profile. Players must provide an alternative competition program, only ITF and TE (Tennis Europe) events will be considered. This application (form available on Tennis BC website) must be endorsed by the players’ personal coach, and will be considered by the Tennis BC High Performance Staff (National and Provincial Coaches / Tennis BC staff) based on the following criteria:
- U18 Players: Top 5 at last National Championship and/or Top 300 (girls) or 500 (boys) ITF junior ranking as of 1/1/ 2020
- U16 Players: Top 5 at last National Championship and/or Top 500 (girls) or 800 (boys) ITF junior ranking as of 1/1/2020
- U12/U14 Players: Top 8 at 2019 Outdoor National Championships
2020 Indoor National Selection Document click here
Merit Spot Application form click here
Qualifying Date: March 27-28, 2020
Date: March 29 – April 3, 2020
Location: Markham, ON
Date: March 20 – 25, 2020
Location: Montreal, QC
Date: March 20 – 26, 2020
Location: Calgary, AB
Date: March 28 – April 3, 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC