TITLE OF POSITION: MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS, AND ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
This role reports and works directly with the CEO to develop Tennis BC branded materials, sponsorship packages and communications, marketing packages, communication packages, Leith Wheeler Stanley Park Open, grant applications, on site support, annual reporting and administrative support.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
General: To work in close conjunction with the CEO to provide support on various Tennis BC marketing, branding and business initiatives. The successful candidate must have strong communication skills as a priority and a willingness to develop skills over time.
1. CREATION AND COORDINATION OF MARKETING MATERIALS, SPONSORSHIP COMMITMENTS
- Prepare the annual report for the AGM
- Develop signage, marketing materials, new program marketing plans and materials
- Prepare sponsorship packages and communication packages, post event reports, liaise with partners
2. EVENT SUPPORT
- Liaise with stakeholders to assist in approximately 10 events that Tennis BC hosts annually with primary focus to work on the Leith Wheeler Stanley Park Open
- Provide advance administrative support, prepare documentation, order and organize materials and provide on site support during the event as required, ongoing event coordination and communications
- Develop annualized event calendar, sponsorship deliverables, coordination of materials
3. COMMUNICATION AND SUPPORT SERVICES
- Provide administrative support to the CEO: organization of board meetings, Annual General Meeting and annual report preparation, communications, document filing and organization, HR programs, marketing materials preparation, Tennis Canada documentation, travel and general administrative duties
- Ensure ongoing communication with members and member clubs through the CEO
- Prepare Bi-weekly newsletter
- Manage and lead web sites, social media campaigns and ongoing communications
- Support of community development, team tennis, schools program sales
- Participate in marketing communications with Tennis Canada
4. GRANT WRITING
- Support all TBC with writing grant applications, data base input, reporting requirements, research requirements,
- Ensure ongoing TBC grant writing and reporting deadlines are met and lead in the preparation of these reports.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
- Data base management and marketing emails and direct marketing pieces to drive business development
- New Program initiatives, new member development, public court programming business development
- A background or education in marketing and communications
- Strong computer skills with word, excel, web-based platforms, newsletter design
- Basic graphic design, layout skills are an asset.
- Strong administration skills in written communications, budgets, documentation and correspondence, preparation and planning of events
- An understanding of sponsorship documentation, marketing communications,
- Positive, clear and energetic communication skills in handling players, sponsors, municipal officials, and the network of event partners
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Understanding of the basics of tennis and event support
- This role can be a full time employee or a contract role will also be considered
- The role will require occasionally being on site at events on weekends and being present for the Leith Wheeler Stanley Park Open Tennis tournament during 21 days of July event
- Tennis BC offices are located in Richmond at the Richmond Hub but this role has complete flexibility to work from home.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org