The Rogers Rookie Tour is a national program designed to bridge the gap between entry-level tennis and the provincial competitive junior circuit. It’s a lot to ask a young person to jump from entry-level tennis to the provincial competitive junior circuit. The Rogers Rookie Tour makes that jump more of a step, allowing junior players to play competitive tennis at an introductory level suitable for their age. The matches are played with slower red (8&U), orange (U10) and green balls (U12) on smaller courts. It is a fun way to start tennis and makes it easy for children to play the game, develop good technique and a love for the sport.
The Rogers Rookie Tour is for:
- beginner-to-intermediate players who wish to compete for the first time
- players who wish to compete at an introductory level
- players who have not participated in any competitive events*
*players who have participated in five Future Stars events are not eligible to play in Rookie Tour.
Entry and Acceptance:
- Acceptance is first-come, first-served.
- Late entry may be accepted.
- Tournament Committee may cancel an event if there are insufficient entries.
- Tournament Committee has the final decision.
- Registrants must have valid Tennis BC membership. You may sign up for a free Recreation membership to enter Rookie tour – Set up your free Tennis BC membership (recreational) here
Code of Ethics for players, parents & coaches:
- Players are expected to know and understand the Tennis Canada Rules of the Court and the Code of Conduct.
- Players or any persons associated with a player (i.e. parents, coaches, friends or family) are expected to give due respect to the host clubs, their members, officials, other players and any other person associated with the tournament.
- Misconduct, whether on or off the court, will result in penalties against the player. Tennis BC has a no-tolerance policy towards abusive or inappropriate behaviour.
2018 Rogers Rookie Tour Schedule
Please click here.
Tennis BC Schools will share tennis, the sport of a lifetime, with children of all ages and physical abilities by offering affordable and accessible programs to those who may not otherwise be able to play the sport.
The Tennis for Schools Program offered by Tennis BC is based on a curriculum created by Tennis Canada in collaboration with Physical and Health Education Canada (PHE Canada). The curriculum, which is based on Progressive Tennis principles, delivers quality programming that supports the development of fundamental hand-eye coordination and motor skills. It can be offered during already scheduled physical education classes in the same and familiar setting of the school gymnasium.
- Tennis is fun: Having fun is key to children pursuing an active and healthy lifestyle
- Tennis is social: Tennis can be enjoyed with friends and family
- Tennis is for people of all ages and physical abilities: It’s a sport that can be played for a lifetime!
- Tennis teaches and empowers: Tennis teaches children about self-esteem, fair-play, teamwork, organization, and time management
- Tennis provides the opportunity to develop: Commitment, confidence, leadership skills, self-discipline, self-regulation, dedication to physical activity and perseverance when faced with challenges
Tennis BC Schools Program
- All program delivered by Tennis Canada Certified instructors. All instructors are required to complete a Criminal Record Check
- All Progressive Tennis modified equipment is provided. Children have the option of purchasing a Wilson Junior Racquet for $25 (taxes included: reg. retail prices is $35)
- Students receive a complimentary 1-year Tennis BC Student membership ($25 value)
The In-School Program is offered in either a 4 or 6-Lesson format to complement the PHE Curriculum. The program is designed to be delivered during already scheduled PE classes. The date of program delivery is flexible; Tennis BC will work to accommodate dates that fit your school’s schedule.
To bring tennis into your school, contact Jeannie Rohr: email@example.com or call (office) 604-737-3086 ext. 5 or (cell) 604-808-3610.